**BRING YOUR 30-MIN PRE-WORK WITH YOU!!** (below)
“Working with Amanda was a pure delight. With a background in improv and in public speaking, she is gifted at helping you uncover your voice and craft your unique story. She literally helped me uncover who I am as a coach and powerfully put that into words. She is a mighty force herself, and a woman to be reckoned with.” – Accomplishment Coaching graduate and D.C. Leader-in-Training, Catherine Wood
The importance of defining and sharing compelling stories that represent our personal brands is a CRITICAL part of marketing our coaching businesses. As AC graduates, translating our being, our elite coaching skills, and our vulnerable stories into a one-sentence Tag Line can be both exciting and confronting.
Welcome storytelling coach Amanda Hirsch, who will be joining us for a new spin on this topic: The importance of having a strong tag line, aka a story-in-a-sentence. She’ll share the elements of a strong tag line, illustrate how this one powerful sentence can unlock opportunities professionally and personally, and lead us through exercises to help us uncover our own one-sentence story. In addition, for those who are interested (and as time allows), Amanda will offer live feedback on existing tag lines.
From this workshop, you will come away with:
- Understanding the importance (personally and professionally) of being able to convey your story in a sentence
- A one-sentence story, crafting through shared writing prompts and other exercises
**To get the most out of the workshop, please reserve the time to complete the below “pre-work”!**
Pre-work (approximately 30 minutes):
- Create a new document on your computer.
- Paste in your LinkedIn headline (this is the sentence that appears under your name at the top of your LinkedIn profile, or in a LinkedIn search).
- Type in your business tag line as it appears on your website and any other marketing materials (if it’s different in different places, please type in all variations).
- Finally, if you have a profile on Noomi, Yelp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or any other website, please copy and paste the text of that profile into this document.
- Notice whether the way you describe yourself is the same across all of these different places, or if it varies.
- Looking at how you describe yourself, what key words pop out?
During the workshop, you will need:
- Your pre-work
- Pen and paper
- An open mind
- A sense of play
About Amanda and Mighty Forces
Amanda Hirsch is a teller of women’s stories. Her company, Mighty Forces, helps women define and share their stories online and beyond. In addition, she recently completed her first original television script and aspires to work as a TV writer so she can help fill popular culture with authentic, smart, funny stories about women. Previously she spent over a decade as a content strategist for organizations like NPR, TED and the George Lucas Educational Foundation; before that, she was the editorial director of PBS.org. Amanda graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Pennsylvania. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, daughter, and high-maintenance rescue pup.
To view the call, use the link below and the password: ALLACAUGUST