*Maximize your impact as a coach and leader in the world by exploring your relationship to diversity, inclusion, and equity.*
As a coach, it’s our job to illuminate blind spots and have courageous conversations about connectedness, power, and possibility. And it starts by being in the inquiry ourselves.
Join Sarah Schneider, Mery Trochez, Juanita Molano-Parra, Chris Donohoe, and Patrick Burlingham as they do what coaches and leaders do best – initiate uncommon and meaningful conversations.
Through a facilitated conversation, walk away with:
- The opportunity to reflect on your own relationship to identity and it’s many components (culture, geography, income, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, ability, physical body, and beyond)
- An exploration into how our own blind spots about identity can impact our ability to relate to others and/or support them fully
- A discussion of identity and how it impacts your coaching and leadership in the world
If you take away anything from this call, we hope it’s this – to be in the inquiry. You don’t have to be an expert in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Power, Privilege – any of it. You don’t have to have any answers around it. What is required of all of us as human beings, coaches, and leaders – If we want to see change – Is to do our own work around our blind spots, unconscious biases, and be in a space of exploration.
To support you in continuing your inquiry, here are a few resources our team has found helpful to start.
- Diversity Beyond Lip Serviceby La’Wana Harris
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- All AC Call, Jan 2019 – Creating More Diversity, Inclusion, & Equity in Your Coaching
- Bias Assessment
- The Person You Mean to Be: How Good People Fight Bias by Dolly Chugh
If you have any resources you have found helpful around DEI, if you are curious about participating on the AC DEI team and DEI initiatives, or if you want to contact DEI for any other reason, you can reach us at [email protected].
More about the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team:
The call was facilitated by Accomplishment Coaching’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team (AC DEI Team), which includes Sarah Schneider, Juanita Molano-Parra, Mery Trochez, Patrick Burlingham, and Chris Donohoe. The DEI team brings a deep commitment to doing their own inner work around DEI as they stand for more diversity, equity, and inclusion in the coaching industry and as coaches and leaders.
VIMEO PASSWORD: AllACCallNovember2019