Reply To: Overwhelm

Nichole
Participant

Brittany, THANK YOU. That perspective was so helpful. Whew! Okay… I don’t relate to this as a problem and bad/wrong, but as an invitation to the next phase of my life.

I found out yesterday that the insurance company is not going to cover the legal fees for the law suit. It’s outside of the type of coverage I have, which is mostly involving customer liability. So, it’s just a fact that this lawsuit could tank my company. It’s sad and fucked up, but it happens a lot. TGG (the company suing me) are known for being vindictive, punitive, and litigious. I didn’t know any of this before working with them. But people I’m talking to now are like, “Oh yeah, they’re crazy.” Dammit. I didn’t know. I didn’t know because I’m not taking time to connect with my gut, which is always spot on.

I got the call about the insurance while I was giving a talk to about 250 people at the National Association of Women Business Owners during their annual awards event in Carlsbad. The topic was business and politics. There were three speakers there including myself. The other two were Barbara Bry and Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire. Betsy is the woman responsible for Senate Bill 826, requiring publicly traded corporations in California to have at least one female board member.

Barbara Bry is someone I have followed for years and have met several times but have never connected with beyond basic pleasantries. She is a freaking powerhouse. She founded ProFlowers.com, Athena San Diego, and Run Women Run. She is a city council member in San Diego and is the President Pro Tempore of the council. She is now running for mayor of San Diego against Todd Gloria, who is the current favorite. He has the name recognition and has been a career politician in San Diego. Very well liked. Anyway, Barbara and I sat next to each other at lunch, and she told me she felt it was fate that we sat together. She was blown away by my talk and asked if I would join her campaign. She needs help connecting with people online and fundraising through social media. Obviously I can help her with all of those things… A lot!

I said yes. Of course. I really think I can help her win. What I saw from a being perspective is that she is soft listening to everyone she talks to. She is not present or connected. It’s why she met me for the sixth time yesterday and it was the first time we really talked. I see so much for her in being with people and letting down her guard. If she wants to connect with people online especially, she has to be vulnerable. That is nowhere in her vocabulary and I’m so excited to work with her, I can’t even stand it.

I have so much more to say about all of that.  So many ideas and realizations. Yesterday was a trippy ass day.

So where I’m at today is feeling very much like everything is perfect. I don’t know what’s going to happen with the lawsuit. Last night I had some “friends” over who helped put some things into perspective. I put friends in quotes because, yes they are friends. But they are Sash customers — that’s how I met them. They call themselves “Sash Sisters”. The community I created online with Sash has forged life-long friendships. Two of our Sash Sisters from Ottawa started to plan a trip out to San Diego earlier this year to visit the Sash store. When they announced their plans, more Sash Sisters from around the country decided to come at the same time and have a meet-up. Two of them wound up staying at my house and the rest were in airbnbs nearby. Last night everyone came over and we just hung out in my living room and talked. I told them about everything going on. The response I got was that no matter what happens, my community is going to be by my side. If we topple over, we will get back up again. If I lose the business, the Sash Sisters will support me in starting a new one called Stash Bags. ? It was very much, “We got you. We’re not going to let you fall.” It felt so amazing feel held like that. I know I have that here as well, and there was something so special about having that support from my customers, too.

I am continuing the flush out what my structures are going to be. Juliana and I worked on that yesterday. I have hired my brother to help me with driving the kids around and meal prepping and keeping my car clean and filled with gas… All those fun little details are figure-outable.

One thing I need support with is breathing. Juliana and I did a breathing exercise at the beginning of our call and it reminded me that I don’t breathe. I am always barely breathing. I would love text reminders from team to breathe.

Okay, I think that’s enough for now. Thanks for reading and chiming in. I appreciate the support.

©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.
NEW: Accomplishment Coaching Scholarship Fund
This is default text for notification bar