Reply To: Service Project Vision

Sabrina Pratt
Participant

Hi Team! 

I am so excited to take another swing at generating enrollment and creating our service project together!!! 

As leader I am generating enrollment for a visit to St. Paul’s Senior Center located at 235 Maple St. I spoke to the volunteer coordinator, Hugo, this afternoon and I also spoke to a few members of their staff. The staff I spoke with at St. Paul’s are all heart, love and presence. My rambling voicemails and phone calls were met with love, patience, compassion and excitement! Hugo is incredible- he is pure joy and fun! We had an awesome conversation and he is so enrolled in our visit.

We will break from the morning’s distinguished sharing at 10am and will load into cars by 10:15am.

We will be at St. Paul’s from 10:30am-12pm. We will meet with the residents and our participants will have the opportunity to just be with residents who are coming out of morning activities and making their way to the dining hall for lunch. Lunch at St. Paul’s begins at 11am. Our participants will have the opportunity to be with the residents during lunch, to sit with the residents at lunch and assist residents as needed with getting their meals and finding a place to eat. We will have so much opportunity available to truly be. I am so full of love, warmth and gratitude right now sitting on my couch and writing this that I am feeling myself get teary. I know that this service project will provide our participants with an opportunity to practice being with discomfort, the confronting experience of age and illness and people who may also feel uncomfortable in their bodies, hearts and minds.

Other logistical items:

*We will carpool to and from The Sheraton. St. Paul’s. Car assignments will be flat be EOD Saturday. I will generate who rides with who and how on Saturday, in person, with the team.

We will leave St. Paul’s at 12pm and will return to the Sheraton for A PICNIC!!! We will lunch on the grass at The Sheraton from 12:15pm-1:15pm (which will have us on time for the time line) Charlie and I are partnered in lunch on Monday and we have an amazing vision to share with you around lunch!!!

LUNCH: We will lunch leadership team who accompanies to the service project and participants together sharing in a BYO/potluck style picnic. Charlie will bring blankets and lawn chairs and a cooler with ice for things that need to stay cold. These items will be in his truck and the cooler will be in the room until lunch time so we can all put whatever needs to be on ice in there in the morning. 

When we return to The Sheraton we will have an opportunity to enjoy community and sharing time together. This is a very important part of this vision! Charlie and I talked through some different options like a restaurant at Liberty Station, etc. and we have decided that this picnic is such an excellent way to provide the piece of the vision that is the post-service project debrief as one whole team together. Coaches and participants all connecting over the shared experience of the service and of having a meal together in a relaxed, fun and casual environment.

*On Sunday we will tell the participants to wear clothes that they can move and sit on the ground in comfortably as well as wear comfortable shoes. We will also request that each participant bring something they will eat for lunch (including their drink) as well as something to share. 

*Fun facts: Last year our team had a team picnic on one of our Mondays and it was the sweetest, most loving and most team thing ever. We each brought some food for ourselves and something to share so it was kind of BYO meets potluck. It was beautiful and is one of my most favorite team lunch moments!!! This vision for lunch is very close to my heart and I am so thrilled to offer this opportunity to our incredible participants this Monday!!!

Team- what do you say? What do you see? What do you need to be fully, joyfully, enrolled in this entire service project vision?! I want you to have all the bubbles in your tummy that I am experiencing right now! I feel like I ate a ton of cake and I am on a roller coaster again!!! It’s the possibility feeling! 🙂 I was already really pumped to drive to SD tomorrow and see all of you and the generation of this service project today has me so. much. more excited than ever!

All my love always;

Sabrina

©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.