Man, has this week been juicy! Thank you all SO MUCH for taking the time to connect with me. Here’s where I’m at and what I see for myself…
My breakthrough for this year is Being. Being ungettable. Being enrolling. Being impactful.
If I don’t show up powerfully in my being, I want to be called out. No more of this attitude. No more complaint. I have drawn a line in the sand and I’m not going back to a place of looking for what’s not working and being at effect of time. Here are some of the facts that had me at effect:
• Noah’s dad moved to Los Angeles. So I have no co-parent for Noah any longer. It’s been a couple months now of me having to be everything for Noah. Before, his dad worked from home and was very helpful with picking up from school, taking to ortho, etc. when I couldn’t do it. That responsibility is entirely on me now.
• Ryan moved away. I’m so happy for him that he’s making more money and able to stay in AC. And it affects me not having him here to pick up the slack of what my mom is not able to get to due to her physical limitations. So my cooking/cleaning/laundry duties have just increased.
• As you know, we are hiring a new CEO for lash.live and entering a $1M capital raise. This is a lot of work, but also going to position the company to not rely on me. I will shift to the spokesperson for the company and no longer running the day-to-day once we get this in place. Meetings with Scott are going well and there’s a follow-up on Monday.
• I’m currently working to get an angel line of credit in place for Sash to begin rolling production. This will decrease the cash flow swings that now have me managing cash daily and making decisions daily about budget and production. Rolling production with a built-in LOC will stabilize the company and allow for me to finally take a much-needed step back. I am presenting to four investors next Thursday on this.
• I am organizing a very large event on May 30th, 2020, called the Function Show. This was a little thing I dreamed up a couple years ago and it’s coming up quickly! It’s a functional fashion show that is being hosted by Nina Garcia (judge from Project Runway and Creative Director of Elle Magazine) and myself. We will be conducting a panel around a runway show that features functional designs, including the Sash bag. This is such a big opportunity for me to co-host a 1,500-person event with Nina Garcia and build a relationship with her, not to mention the potential press opportunity for Sash. This event is being put on by Sash, including all of the marketing, ticket sales, etc. I am hiring an event production company for the actual production of the event, but it is going to be about $500K to pay them and I have to bring that in through sponsorship dollars over the next 4-6 weeks to cover the cost of the show. So there’s that! 😅
• I made a commitment to write my book this year. I have a big opportunity to launch it during the Function Show and do a book signing along side Nina Garcia if I can have it done by May 30th. On one hand, don’t want to rush it. But man, that would be amazing timing! So I’m shooting for that.
• And I have this commitment to AC and all of you. This is equally important to me. I lost my vision of that momentarily in my overwhelm. I want to share more about that and the chaos that I have been living in (and the breakthroughs I have had around it) in another post. But here is more about my commitment to all of you…
MY COMMITMENT TO THE WORLD PEACE TEAM (Yes, that is our name if I have anything to say about it).
Show up powerfully and make an impact.
Something that I noticed in how I was showing up is that I was doing the bare minimum to stay qualified and make sure things were getting done. Outside of that, any conversations, especially if I came from obligation, had me multi-tasking, half listening, and just being a body/face on a screen. My commitment is to speak up more, and lead. I may not be able to be on every single call if something comes up. And so what? It won’t matter because when I am here, I am so here. I am sourced and sourcing the team so much — enough for five calls in one.
I am committed to leading more in the room and allowing myself to be uncomfortable, get it wrong, and at least try. I want to build a muscle in putting in what I see for participants in the room and offer to lead more tools. This is a huge growth edge for me and I’m going to bring it.
Be in my being.
No more sulking if something annoys me. No judgement. No complaint. I will put in what I see for sure. But I will do it from complete and from my essence. My being will be as on fire as it was the first module where I hadn’t talked myself out of everything.
Complete my projects designs.
While my project designs are incomplete, my what fors are all over the place. I’ve been saying that everything is in integrity, but I suppose that’s not true if I’m not utilizing one of the most important tools of our work: Project Designs. I will get those complete, empowered, and update them weekly.
Allowing Lesa and Ryan to flourish. See also: make the most of outside of the room time!
I know that Ryan wants me in the room less. Lesa may as well. This is one of the things that had me feeling out. Because I want them to have the program for them. And I also felt like, if I’m not in the room, then I’m wasting my time. Wrong! I want to utilize the time outside of the room to be sourcing my projects, such as writing my book. What a great opportunity to write! I’ll be in my being, so super sourced by being with team… The magic will pour out onto the screen. I can see it now!
Thanks again, team, for the opportunity to be where I was at, sitting in impossibility, and for supporting me in getting back to being, back to what for, and back in team. I am so down to continue this journey with y’all. Please let me know if you see anything else for me, if you have questions, or if you need anything at all from me around any of this.
Edited to add a mockup of my book cover. This is a placeholder photo. I’m going to have Orin take a new one!
- This reply was modified 12 months ago by Nichole.