Charlie’s stand for himself to lean on team and let in the love

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
     Charlie Horn
    Participant

Good morning team,

I am writing this as I sit in discomfort not knowing how today will go. Last week resulted in me having Lillian stay home from school Monday and Tuesday. By Wednesday she was at school reluctantly and Thursday and Friday were a breeze. this has been the cycle all year. I have been really struggling with taking on the responsibility for Lillians behavior, how am I being with her. I have been hearing the coaching mind tell me there is something in my being that is creating this in her. Then I go back to blaming her mom for the years of poor behavior Lillian has been through. Last night I asked Lillian to get her bag ready for school and pick out some clothes and the trigger point for the cycle began. so I backed off to see what would happen and here I sit with my plans for at least the morning up in the air. I am questioning if me staying in the program is something I want right now. I know what it means for me and what I will get out of it and I have been coming around again and again to engage with coaching and the work  know to do to get qualified. I feel like I am so close and yet I am willing to walk away. I went to church the last two Sundays and was so confronted each time. What I am left with from those experiences is my breakthrough in trust. I don’t trust myself. and from there how can I trust anyone. I am not a demand for me to get my needs met all over my life. Here has been no exception. I am going to take this week on and trust it will all work out for the best. Wether I get hired or not it will all be ok. Wether I stay on as a part of this team or not I trust I will find my way into being the best dad and human I can be. Until then I will be at cause for completion. Jeff, Nichole, Tiffany, you are getting a text from me to schedule completion. Who else wants to get on the diet with me. I am at your service as well.

Charlie Horn
    Participant

Thanks Jeff Nichole and Tiffany. I have Monday’s Thursday’s and fridays from 10 until 2:30 open right now. Let me know what times you can commit to and if those don’t work what days and time do. I am so grateful for your commitment to me.

Nichole, thank you for sharing what has been going on with Noah. Lillian’s mom and I have had Lillian seeing a therapist since we separated. Her first therapist was amazing and she left the therapist field to pursue other business opportunities. Her new therapist is still creating relationship  with Lillian and she is doing well. It’s really interesting because Lillian is no different than the rest of us and when she is loved and accepted for who and where she is at no matter what that looks like all the negative behaviors seem to just melt away and she is just pure joy and creativity. It is a cycle of life for us that we do every other week. Today she didn’t make it to school but tomorrow she will. I can see it in her being that the morning will go well. We have her backpack ready and clothes out. She is wearing her costume to school in the morning and we are doing lunch on the lawn. I have the pop up tent in the back of the truck and we are going to meet my sister and niece for lunch. Lillian has 4 cousins that go to the same school as her which is so great.

I appreciate and am open to everything you have and see for me Nichole. It has been a practice for me to not be doing at work. I have stepped back about 90% from where I was a year and a half ago and 99% from where I was a few years ago. And the pendulum has swung full tilt to the opposite side which has given me a huge opportunity to see so much more than I could have when I had my nose to the grindstone. The support I need right now is in actually being a leader in my work life. I see this year as the place to practice leadership all over my life. At work, with Lillian, with her mom, with you all, with my clients (when I finally get hired)  eventually with my romantic partner, with my family and friends. I need to up level my actions around all of these areas of my life. And certainly not from doing but from being. From being calm open forgiving compassion love deserving worthy. What I need is to next level my stand for myself to get what I want and need. To find the path at every turn that will allow for it all to be possible.

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

Hey Charlie – thanks for sharing it all here. I find you full of love, and sourcing of love, even when you’re in your stuff.

I’m happy to do a weekly completion call with you. LMK if we can find a regular time on Thursdays.

Nichole
    Participant

Hi Charlie. Thanks for sharing all of that with us. I would love to be one of your completion buddies. I’ll reach out.

I went through (and continue to experience) issues with Noah and school. Not to the level you are describing with Lillian. Noah’s defiance is a little more internal and self-sabotaging versus outward and expressive. I really feel for you. It’s like one of those things we have to do for our kids (literally, it’s the law, which don’t get me started on), so when they refuse or make it difficult it can feel so disempowering and frustrating. It sounds like you’re both wanting to have some control over the situation and it sounds really painful. I’m so sorry. We wound up finding an amazing therapist for Noah, who we also recommended to a friend of ours whose son was experiencing issues more similar to what you are having with Lillian. If you think that might be a good path for her/you, let me know and I can share the information. I hope I’m not overstepping my bounds by offering that, but just putting in what is coming to mind.

Regarding all the details around your properties, partnership, and all the messes you are cleaning up… I am picturing you in that excavator all over your life. Excavating the crap out of everything. What support could you put in place to hand some of that stuff off and have someone else deal with it? You’re not saying that’s what you want, so again I apologize if I’m inserting unwanted advice here, but dude! What you’re describing as what you want to create and what you’re spending your time on are not in alignment. What would shift that? I remember us having a marcopolo conversation about your tendency to do the work yourself instead of hiring someone else to do it just because you can and it seems practical. This level of excavating doesn’t seem practical. How can we support?

xo

Jeff Miller
    Participant

Wow! Thank you so much for letting us in Charlie. I had no idea all of that was going on. Thanks for staying when you wanted to leave everything. Especially for who you are for Lillian. It is awesome for me to see as a fellow dad what we will do and more importantly who we will be for our kids.

I will be one of your completion buddies. How else can we support you in being who you want to be?

Charlie Horn
    Participant

Team,

In service of leaning in for support I want to share what has been happening over here. I am certainly aware of my circumstances and that I have a choice in how I am being about them. I am also aware that I am up against a lot of circumstances right now. The most challenging thing for me and the most confronting thing for me and the reason I am on this planet is for my daughter Lillian. She has been consistently stressed and anxious around school this year. All other things in life seem to go smoothly and we talk through it all but for some reason she shuts down and is unwilling to air it out with me what it is for her to have to go to school other than she just doesn’t like it. It has been in the past years that she will have a week or two where she struggles going to school and then she gets into a routine and all is well. It has been that I force her to go by throwing her over my shoulder and placing her in the office in pj’s. This was the way I was told to do it and it would break my heart every time I did it. I would be in tears driving away from the school feeling like a failure. This year is different. Every week when I get her from her mom she has been refusing to go. I told myself I would t force her any more. It isn’t ok to do that to her. And then I changed my mind a couple weeks ago and ended up forcing her into the truck after she refused to get ready. She didn’t have a shirt on and I was trying to put one on her in the back of the truck. I gave up then and there and went back to just being with her. She has been hiding in the bathrooms under the sink. It scares me because one time when I was dropping her off I went into the office to ask for help letting them know I was going to drop her off again and when I went back to the truck she wasn’t there. At least I didn’t see her there. She was in the truck. But I had all the school office people looking for her. Even the principal was out looking for her. Her school is on a busy road and I was so scared she would run out in front of a car. She gets so emotionally hijacked that she can’t see what is happening around her. Anywho that is just a taste of what I have been up against and every week the cycle starts over where she is shut down Monday when I get  her. She refuses to go to school Tuesday. Sometimes I get her to go late sometimes she doesn’t go at all. Then by Wednesday she is getting back to willing to go and thursdays and fridays are a breeze. She has been locking herself in her bathroom and I finally took her door off so I didn’t have to keep sticking the little screwdriver into the little hole to unlock it. Yesterday and today were no acceptation and have been the worst days so far. Tonight we received a journal in the mail called big life journal for kids. She opened it I told her it was for her as I was heading off to the bathroom. When I came back the journal was in the trash and she was hiding in the dogs kennel. I took the journal out of the trash can and she freaked out about me having it. I spent two hours with her as she tried to get me to throw it away again. She still hasn’t told me what about the journal has her so upset. She cried herself to sleep last night as well. I have a clear picture in my mind about why she comes back to me spun out and it makes sense. It’s so hard to be with every other week and it drains me. Lillian has a therapist and we are working together to help her. I am doing as much as I can to be with her mom as coparents and I have a standing offer to do therapy with her mom but she is not willing. She did agree to go to parenting classes with me and I have found a couple programs to enroll he to joining me. It’s crazy because Lillian can be fine almost all of the time and then she flips around school and homework. Her mom has ptsd. She grew up in a household of physical and emotional abuse were present. She was molested and raped. She was raped again while we were married. She didn’t tell anyone for 5 years. She was suicidal. And Lillian lived through it all. And still does. My ex was telling me how she is struggling with her ptsd from boyfriend going back to his ex who was being raped and beaten up by her boyfriend. So it makes sense Lillian is more spun out this week. It seems like she has a new boyfriend every 6 months. I own my responsibilities in that failed marriage. I am determined to not be that man that let things be when I should have stood for something more. The whole reason I took on AC was to be able to be a better father partner brother son friend for the people I love. I am. And I see I can be more. I am going to be more for Lillian. I am more for her every time she has a melt down. And she opens up to me more and more. It brakes my heart that she is hurting. I get so frustrated with my ex wife for how she is with Lillian. It’s like the self worth hose gets plugged into Lillian and my ex uses her as a fuel stop to feel better about herself instead of it being the other way around. There is so much judgment here from me and I have do completion and I go back in over and over and I will continue to. And I will be the one for my daughter and for my ex for my daughter.

I still have completion to do around my relationship with amber. I allowed for us to be together for so long without actually airing out my needs and allowing for her to not share her needs. I’m very aware of my conditions of satisfaction now and I can see how we weren’t right for each other. I am grateful for her and our time together and I have grown so much from the experience.

In addition to all of that I received a certified letter today from the buyer of the miller horn property looking to take 500,000 off the principle of the loan we gave him from the sale of the property a few months ago. We did a seller carry back for 2,250,000 He is claiming we didn’t disclose something and has hired an attorney. I could write a book about all the conflicts I went through with my partner including my uncle dying on the property while working for my partner. and it took me 5 years to get to the point where we sold the property and a year of me doing remediation of grading and zoning violation issues myself because I didn’t have any money to hire someone else. I would literally be operation a wheel loader and an excavator at night and on the weekend cleaning up processing and removing thousands of yards of fill material my partner brought into the property. and all in service of me exiting the partnership. I see it as I’m lucky to have this kind of problem and it is still something I am going to have to navigate going forward.

I have 4 other properties that I have  been on autopilot with as I went through the last year of not doing the work myself and relying on my two employees to do the work. I have big visions for them all and most of my plans have been moving forward at a snails pace. I have a pending code violation and site plan permit that is a pending matter that deserves more of my time and attention then what I have been giving it. At times I fantasize about selling it all giving up on AC, not being a coach, giving up on being in a committed relationship and just focusing my time on Lillian and traveling the world when I don’t have her every other week. Then I get back to the reality that I can have it all and that my fantasy is just me running and hiding from myself and indulging in my ways of being that create the struggle.

One other thing that is a capacity suck for me is the cash for cars business. I sold the business to one of my employees after I went through divorce. I didn’t have the capacity to keep working it at that point. He didn’t perform on the contract and I had to take it back. I have a new buyer who isn’t experienced enough to where I can walk away so I have been mentoring him to get him to where he can do it on his own. It’s not a huge responsibility but it takes something for me to do it.

The last thing I have going on is a partnership I created with my brother and sisters. We bought a house together about a year ago and the tenant quit paying rent. We just finished the 6 month eviction process that should have been 3 months. It has been on me to manage most of the process. one of my sisters just had a baby my brother is up to his eyeballs in school work at SDSU. And my other sister has been dealing with a tumor in her forehead and we are waiting to find out if it is cancer or not. So from there I have taken on most of the process and I am right in the middle of clean up and rehab to get a new tenant in so everyone doesn’t have to keep feeding the partnership from no rent coming in.

I see my patterns of behavior here and I’m sure it’s more clear for you all. I have played out the victim role pretty thoroughly in all areas of my life until recently. I slip back into old habits still. Someone texted me something recently that reflected less is more.  One of the things I am looking at is how to deconstruct the entanglement I have spent my whole life creating to get to simple and easy.

I am making it all heavy over here. What I need is a regular diet of completion. Who is willing to be a weekly completion and accountability buddy with me? I’m looking for three people. Who will be willing to commit to me for at least the next three months?

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

I got you. I’ll call you tomorrow.

Charlie Horn
    Participant

I have some work to do on getting clear with my communication. It’s really amazing to me how it seems so clear in my head and then it comes out with gaps. Anywho….the second invoice was for 15 minutes and the dollar amount was $8.25. I’m going to verify with the office tomorrow /////actually. Who can support me and verify with the office tomorrow that the check will get mailed out tomorrow? And if there is anything in the way of it being flat?

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

Hey Charlie –

Thank you for owning scanning and invoicing!

Can we double check the math on their invoice? I had it there were 3 massage therapists with us for 2 hours – 6 hours total + setup and breakdown. How did we get to 8.25 hours?

Beautiful leadership, beautiful job not staying taken out, and repeatedly coming back in. Watching your transformation is such a gift. I’m SOOOO in love with who you are Charlie!!! Keep bringing it!

T.

Charlie Horn
    Participant

Team,

I just finished emailing the attendance sheets to the office, invoice’s (plural) to finance and the workshop participants are in the google doc. One of the emails from the workshop participants wasn’t readable.

There was a breakdown in the end for the massage therapists. I received a additional invoice from sarabeth for an extra 15 minutes. I was last to get a massage and looks like we went over. The invoice was for 8.25 and I just emailed it in because it wasn’t a big dollar amount. Someone let me know if there is anything to clean up around that otherwise I will call it complete on my end. 💪

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.