Intention and Integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     Nichole
    Participant

Cool, cool. ?

Jeff Miller
    Participant

Thanks Nichole. Nothing to clean up at all. My reaction to that is totally my stuff. I just wanted to play out loud with it. Totally hear the feedback. One thing I love about our team is that we all come from a place of love and stand. Please keep bringing it!

Nichole
    Participant

Jeff, I’m sorry if my comment bothered you. That was not my intention. My intention was to sort of poke you to share what you see for yourself and your leadership this year. I would like to know who you need us to be to support your breakthrough and leadership. The experience I had is I was sort of waiting for someone (you, in my mind) to interrupt the conversation and set some intention. I could hear Kerry in my head interrupting the conversation and saying, “What are y’all doing? Who is leading this call?” That’s the “stepping up” that I felt was missing. And I totally could have brought it myself, so there’s that. Also open to what you see for me in how I showed up or am showing up right this moment. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if I need to clean anything up with you.

Jeff Miller
    Participant

Hey Nichole and Juliana,

Thanks for the feedback and the conversation. My experience of the call was overall positive. I felt like all of us were very excited to have the newbies on the call and put in too much for a production call. Yes, Nichole I was and am owning production call. And as leader of the call I can own how it want and ensure that is not how it will be going forward. I have had conversations with most of you already on how it went prior to me writing this forum post and it seems like everyone felt exactly as Nichole put it, that overall we can lean back and not feel the need to put everything it at once.

Nichole, what would “Jeff stepping up” look like for you? I have to admit, I got a little annoyed with that comment. For me, being a leader and being The One is true ownership of all of it. And sometimes this will have me leaning back, and other times it will have me speaking up. That will be the fun journey this year for me, and I am looking forward to being with all of the feedback in service of my growth and the teams growth.

Juliana Sih
    Participant

Thanks Nichole for bringing this! I was not on production but on co-coaching my experience was the call was a bit wonky. I came a few minutes late and was not clear who was leading the call (although in my mind I knew it was Jeff). I noticed we were answering a bunch of how questions. Which is totally great because I love those too, but wanted to hear a next action to support them in implementing that new knowledge. The call also seemed to move really fast and jump around. I would have loved some “what are you getting for yourself” round robin also.

Where I see myself stepping up is in leading calls and doing training. What I see is that I often understand things, but then teaching someone how to do things is a whole different ball game. LKT was one of the main people who trained, gave COS, etc. and I see myself stepping up in this area. I’d also like to lead production or co-coaching and maybe some T-times.

I had a SS with a coach today and talked about my desire be more engaged this year with AC and all my life. Most of you know that I am reliable to hide or not show up. And that is not how I want to do another year of AC. So my commitment is to be engaged and that means I need structures to do that, like training and leading calls. That means me getting training also!

This is all I have for now, but will continue to ponder on this today 🙂

Nichole
    Participant

Hey 19/20 team! While we still have a separate forum, I wanted to have a team conversation about how we want it to go integrating with the peeps. Maybe I’m being over-planny, but I noticed after our first new team calls on Tuesday I was left feeling like the energy was a little funky and I’m not sure if it was just me. Some examples…

What I noticed is that I wasn’t actually clear who was leading the calls. What has been modeled to us in the past is ownership in the form of one person leading the call. I think this person was supposed to be Jeff. It felt like it was Sabs. In service of your breakthrough in The One, I’m curious what you see, Jeff.

Sabs, I’m sure I don’t need to qualify what I have for you with assurances that I love the crap out of you, but just in case, I love the crap out of you. And there was a lot of Sabs in the space. You brought almost every agenda item without taking a breath, which didn’t leave room for anyone else to bring stuff. I had some items too, but they were all covered in your list, which on one hand I was like, cool. But on the other hand, that lands (especially to a new team where everything we do is modeling something for them in how it’s going to go) like nobody else gets to own stuff. And I know that is not your intention which is the reason I’m bringing it up. Additionally, I felt during the co-coaching call that when others were speaking, you were practically jumping through your screen wanting to add something/say something/etc. Specifically when I spoke, the sensation I got is that you were waiting for me to stop talking so you could add on to what I was saying. You kept taking yourself off mute and leaning into the screen in the middle of what I was saying, and again I’m not sure you are aware so I’m letting you know. I know you want support and reflections to bring your most powerful leadership. And we all want space to practice our leadership as well.

All of this got me to thinking about LDP and breakthroughs. Britt is going to be Junior Leader. That makes room for Jeff to step into more leadership and power on our team, and I’m waiting for Jeff to step it up. That leaves room for Juliana to also step it up. Kudos to Sabs for being the one to step it up, and I’m wondering where everyone else is at and how we want to be.

Thanks for hearing it. Love you all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.
NEW: Accomplishment Coaching Scholarship Fund
This is default text for notification bar