New Coach – Chelsea Cotton

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     Sabrina Pratt
    Participant

Thanks T! Loved reading this- I’m enrolled and excited for you!!!

Aarti Mallya
    Participant

T this all sounds great, I’m excited for you.

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

Hi! Yes, of course.

The teams I’ve played on in AC have been packed with powerhouse analytics people, and I’ve also worked with coaches who are highly analytical – Wendy being one of them. With the clarity of my commitment to expand myself in Body & Heart, I found that the coaching from an analytical place with Wendy, clashed with the body and heart experiences I was creating in my coaching with Chelsea. Coming out of coaching sessions, I’d have practices across the same areas of my life (my projects) but with very different actions. With Wendy, my practices were mostly Doing, even when we had noticing practices, they were focused on behavioral changes, which became quickly analytical. With Chelsea, the practices we design are regularly tied to an experience inside of my body, and acting on the other side of expansion of that experience inside my body, if I act at all. There’s a lot of inner peace building present, as opposed to, “I gotta get this done.”

I struggled to move my projects forward with these different styles of practices, and ultimately, I know I’m reliable to continue practicing and growing my analytical skills, expansion of Heart and Body will take more structures and practice for me. From that place, working full time with Chelsea became a clear and easy choice.

Sabrina Pratt
    Participant

HI T- thanks! Would you be willing to expound on how the 2 were in conflict? I am curious to hear more.

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

I just got off my weekly call with Chelsea and it was so powerful and I want to share it with you.

I distinguished what occurs in my body when I’m triggered, my chest gets tight and painful. Chelsea walked me through a visualization of the last time I was triggered, and I fully created the body experience of that past incident, in the present moment. What I newly discovered is that once my chest tightens, I totally disconnect from the rest of my body, and I fall into a conversation solely between my head and chest.

I can see that I learned this REALLY early on in life. My moms family, who I spent a lot of time with as a kid, are emotionally explosive. Since I reflect on having grown up with deep emotional security, this didn’t totally add up for me. Then I realized that I was taught that emotion is okay up until a certain threshold, at that point, it’s safer to shut down, than to act from one’s body. So I taught myself….feel feel feel feel, WAIT, THIS MIGHT BE DANGEROUS, STOP FEELING. And what my SM did with this, was to practice being so scary and so sharp with my words, that I could hurt people before they could hurt me. I learned to relate to everything past this threshold of emotion, as Dangerous and Dramatic.

What I can see now, is that when I feel past the tightness in my chest, I can actually connect to something outside of my SM. I thought of my friend’s mom, Lee Ann, who is hosting 32 people (including me and Jack) for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I really struggle to Be With Lee Ann, she triggers the bajesus out of me. So I’ve been day dreaming about how Thanksgiving is going to go, playing out all these different potential scenarios – which is so annoying and such a waste of energy. Once I moved past the physical trigger in my chest, I connected to the opportunity to create how I want Thanksgiving to go. I’m going to buy her flowers and shower her with the gratitude she deserves for hosting this giant event. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

I’m excited to up level my self trust, and to Feel and be with Emotion through my entire body, and to respond to people from that place. Please hold me accountable by inviting me to check in with my body, when you sense, or know, that I’m triggered!

J – thanks for asking me to share and I’ll keep doing so. I’m going to start journaling my experience at the end of each session with Chelsea, and I’m happy to share as much or as little of that as you care to read!

Sabs – thanks for the invitation to take on both. I worked with Chelsea and Wendy for about two months, and I found the two in conflict. On the other end of 5 sample sessions, I hold Chelsea as The One for me and what I’m up to this year.

Juliana Sih
    Participant

I’m aligned and I hope we can meet her before our spirituality weekend 🙂

Also please share more about the work you are doing with her, give us some juicy knowledge!

Sabrina Pratt
    Participant

Hi T!

I echo Jeff’s thoughts and also thanks for bringing this to team. I am so excited for this opportunity you are creating for yourself to generate breakthrough in spirituality. Chelsea sounds amazing and I am looking forward to meeting her sometime. I love that you are partnering with her.

I am curious what you see for yourself to add Chelsea to your team AND work with an ontologically trained coach?

Looking forward to hearing back!
    Sabs

Jeff Miller
    Participant

Hey T,

Thanks for bringing this. It is really cool, since I have it that you don’t “have too” bring this to team, but you chose to from your commitment to integrity.

I am aligned with you working with Chelsea. It sounds like you are getting your needs met and are still getting coached and moving your projects forward.

Nichole
    Participant

I notice that I don’t have an opinion about this at all. I’m not sure if that means I’m enrolled or if I don’t care enough to need enrollment. And by “I don’t care”, of course I don’t mean that I am not interested in you having all the juicy support that you need and deserve to be the light you are in the world, I just mean that I have no attachment to where you get that support if it works for you. And I also know that a lot of the AC rules are more “guidelines” so the rule-follower in me is not all spiky about it. So… I guess I am enrolled. Aww, look how I worked myself out on that one.

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

Hey Team –

I’m in process of completing with a well known AC coach, Wendy Preyssler, and starting coaching full time with a non-AC coach named Chelsea Cotton (she’s Brittany’s sister).

I wanted to bring a conversation to team, because Chelsea hasn’t completed any training with the word “ontological” tied to it, and one of our CoS for Program Coaches Coaches, is to be working with an ontological coach.

Chelsea has a diverse and impressive background in intuitive coaching, shamanistic training, and high-level leadership, and I believe she’s more than qualified to coach AC coaches, and deliver on the intention we have in working with ontologically trained coaches.

Since we’re all currently working with AC coaches, I want to share that Chelsea and I hold a slightly different format to our coaching calls, but our work is all inside of my coaching requests, and working towards projects I’ve created in my life. I walk away from our sessions with practices to move myself forward inside my commitments, just like we do with AC coaches.

One of the biggest benefits I see for team and AC in this, is that we’re all currently working with people who have the same training as us. Chelsea has been trained by different people and programs, all over the world, and I’m excited to support and grow our team and AC in  new areas (body, heart, intuition, spirituality, integration of Being) through my experiences and work with Chelsea.

If there’s anything that has you not aligned in me working with Chelsea as my full time coach, would you share what you need to be aligned?

Love you,

T.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.
NEW: Accomplishment Coaching Scholarship Fund
This is default text for notification bar