Team Being

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
     Aarti Mallya
    Participant

LKT I’m not sure your call out landed over here. Is it that you are saying we will not do it for you. You want to see more but unsure that I can handle it and challenging me here?

Hey Mike here’s your call out. You see it and have distinguished what’s needed. You know how your SM shows up. We cannot do it for you. I’m excited to get some more of you, and it remains to be seen if we will <3

As for date night. It went so well. The conversation over dinner was kind of “meh” but we got the connection – and the skin time 😉 – we needed. I showed up in my power and it was distinct from the norm and it generated a shift in our relationship. I woke up Sunday morning excited to process it in my morning pages and I explored areas and had insights about my leadership in my marriage and our connection that were new and oh so welcomed! I took on completion that afternoon because I noticed guilt showed up and some sadness – Eloise’s energy is so huge it was absolutely a missing for me to have her not there and my head voice was making me wrong for “sending her away to get what I needed” – it didn’t know what to do with the peace and ease with which I stepped into my body and heart the night before – but getting complete served me and I allowed myself to indulge in the space I’d created. This morning was a breeze and we all left for work/school mid belting out lyrics from John Travolta & Olivia Newton John’s “You’re the one that I want” –> which I’m sure was no coincidence, my essence always colludes with Spirit to have my singing just the right song after I generate a breakthrough. That’s one of my favorite things about me =)

Aarti Mallya
    Participant

I have been silent and scared to call anyone out on anything for two reasons, maybe three.

1. Who am I to be saying anything to anyone when I got so many breakdowns over here. Specifically in client game in a coaches training program.

2. If I call people out then I will have to call myself forth and come out into the light where it’s scary.

3. I feel weak, small, stupid, and so on. Along with my shit shouldn’t be. I put myself where I’m at and I let things go to far and I’m in this whole because of me. So it’s up to me to get myself back up and out of my shit. That I shouldn’t be a burden on other people for me. That other people have a lot more on their plate or busy or whatever. For so many years of my life I have typically felt like the most power person in the room. Now that I don’t all over the place I feel more like a burden to people.

There’s a say help me help you I’m thinking of right now. If we all actually played out loud and asked for support or even just said what is up and got feed back or challenged what could that create for everyone. Help me help you on a team is a constant build up and up leveling of each other.

I’m starting to go into a tangent in my head. So I’m just going to end with I am aligned with bring more, playing fuller, playing out loud, play together, and play for all of your greatness with bold integrity for all. Also I welcome and actually get excited when people call me out. So it is a bread though for me to call me out. But I need to be call out too at the moment.

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

Laura, we’re chomping at the bit for an update on last night! I hear you and I’m here and ready to support you with Jer!

Nichole
    Participant

LKT, that’s really sweet and exciting. Thanks for modeling what it’s like to take a stand for your relationship. I’m inspired.

Ooooooh. “Invitation accepted”, he just wrote. With a heart emoji =D

Soooo – I almost just texted a few of you this. Then I almost just put it on GroupMe – but here’s what.

My BEING, my being well, my being leader, my being for this team and all the lives I say I stand for requires me to be up to what I’m taking on with Jeremy, and I want this team around me to hold space. I have the vision of you each bending down with clasped hands for me to step into and as you stand up I am elevated. I see that for each of us.

Jeremy and I go in and out of breakdown. Our SMs show up to each other and our relationship SM shows up to run the show A LOT. Our circumstances have been juicy for sure over the past five years, but we have almost 15 years of loving each other behind us and, are totally up for stepping into our full potential as a couple – and we are scared.

So “this” is an invitation I sent to Jeremy while he’s at his yoga teacher training right now. I got Grandma to come over and pick up Eloise so we can actually have an evening alone together, and I’m going to spend the two hours Em is napping this afternoon to set up the house all Christmassy and set the table for a grown -up dinner and gather the dinner recipe.

I feel sort of embarrassed sharing that it feels like a big deal to me that I would be making the effort and time to create this evening for us ’cause isn’t that what people do? And setting up the logistics aren’t a big deal – but who I’m being about it is. I actually want this. And I haven’t acted like it in awhile. I’ve been caught up in moving to Rochester and carrying tiny humans in my body, and birthing them, and nursing them, and raising them (x2), and I need to remind myself and us all that that IS a BFD hormonally and structurally to a woman’s foundation (there’s a leader project in here somewhere for parents and leadership…) and traveling, and building a business, and AC….and you know…but it’s not such a BFD that it would have to crowd out my commitment to my husband – my co-creator……but it’s one of the first places I “quit” when it gets hard. So when I get this breakthrough it will show.

I don’t know if he’ll say yes to my invitation – I sent it 2 hours ago and I’m nervous…. like really say yes. He might say yes and sit down at the table, he might say yes with his words and no with his heart. I don’t know. And I’m gonna show up fully anyway. What I believe in my heart is that Jeremy and I embody souls that will continue evolving as long as they keep saying yes.

In his wedding vows he said:
    I promise to be your greatest fan and your toughest adversary….
    I will never back down from any adversity we face….
    In mine I said:
    I trust that with time my intense adoration for you will extend farther than our souls can search or our minds can climb….
    So what I need from you all is to be a demand that I be leader in my marriage. It’s the thing. Ask me what creativity I’m bringing next? What aspect I’m working on now, what’s something I love about him….and some acknowledgement wouldn’t hurt either – for bringing love in the face of his fear, equanimity in the face of being co-parents of toddlers, of my commitment to our greatness from Day One including every breakdown.
    Thanks. Anyone else wanna play? What’s the the thing that if you brought yourself fully to would profoundly impact your being well and being for your commitments?
    Love you.

Fully aligned on empowering the forum. Also aligned in getting up under you and demanding you be and do the same for me.

Reminders we can upload videos to the forum =) And photos =)

Tiffany Turner
    Participant

This thread is GOLD! Thanks for bringing it, Jeff.

I’ve loved, and celebrate, the process we’re in of adding a new structure (Marco Polo), and being in the conversation to distinguish the role we empower it to play. I see an opportunity for forum to be the default for all communication outside of modules, and MP to be a place for sharing what’s happening in our lives in any given moment. In writing this, I realize that I don’t hold myself accountable to responding to everything people share on MP, so I’ll pop on to share what’s so with me, and I get the experience of seeing what’s so with others. I’m aligned and empowered in bringing the rest to forum!

In this post, I’m reminded that we get to relate to our team now, just like we did our participant year. That this is the place to practice, get it wrong, and LEARN. My fear of messes keeps me from playing full out as Leader, and that’s been in the way of Standing for others, putting in training when I see it, and bringing the next level of myself, As Coach, to this team – where I get to get it wrong and get better as a coach, because of how we hold space.

What I see most available for Team, is to celebrate the process. I’m present to that well-intended Right/Wrong filter that a lot of us play life through, and I don’t see room for that to stay here. Sabs, the whole Bree thing, I think it was PERFECT. Like, completely perfect. I actually had the training LKT put in on forum, and I didn’t put it in in the moment, because I was scared I was going to mess up. And that’s perfect too, because it caused some new conversations that create new awarenesses for us.

So here-forth, I declare to Celebrate The Process on this team. We’re in a made-up program, with made-up CoS, with made-up tools and frameworks, and I’m gonna make up how I play here. Will y’all join me?

Charlie Horn
    Participant

Jeff, You are a foundation of team being. You are the light of a new day. What a gift to be called out and to be supported. Thank you for this.

I see the pendulum swings of back to our automatics. I see the doing of our lives insulating us from being connected/being supported. The flame of possibility flickering. Accountability and structures not being empowered. Overwhelm running the show. And I see it as fertile ground for breakthrough.

the swing into the shadow side of my pendulum has me hiding, afraid of being seen as clumsy, confusing, a target of criticism, a failure, frozen in self doubt, AND I am more reliable to pick myself up and get moving quicker and easier than ever before. I see and am “yearning” for another dive into the light side of the pendulum swing and you all are the magnetic force that has me drawn into the possibility of generating peace calm ease and LEADERSHIP in my life. I see what is available for us all from playing all out more often and longer, fanning the flame. What that is is unconditional love, world peace (inner world and outer world), support, desire, playing in the realm of the positive, generating fun and laughter and joy, being the clearing for the people around us, being an open invitation to choice. being the shining light to truth. Such big ideas all accessed through little steps and from sound structures and accountability. I am playing for a next level breakthrough in support and self worth. I am playing for “A” breakthrough in leadership.

I see a team breakthrough in possibility. I am a stand for myself and everyone else to find the positive consequences in all we are doing and being. And from there expanding that focus so the possibility, the positive outcomes are more and more available in the moment. What is one positive outcome you will share here in what you are currently making up as a negative experience? For me at work my yard laborer Del Mar is going to Guatemala for two months on a extended vacation. I made it up that things will not get done or I will be doing what I am no longer willing to do and get stuck swinging the hammer again at work. Then I realized i have the opportunity to expand how I get things done without doing it myself by being forced into expirimenting with using independent contractors, expanding my capacity to plan and “lead” myself and my operations. I see that at the end of a couple moths I will have pushed the boundaries of my comfort zone that would not have otherwise taken the actions to push if Del Mar didn’t have plans to be gone for two months. Boom!!! positive consequence and possibility for growth.

Who else will practice with me here?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2021 Accomplishment Coaching . All Rights Reserved.
NEW: Accomplishment Coaching Scholarship Fund
This is default text for notification bar